Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thank Goodness For Bones

All has been well here. I have been sick for the past couple of weeks. First with a sinus headache/pressure thing and all of a sudden last night, sore throat and aches and pains. Good times. Germy little kids. Since I'm sick I am very grateful for bones...It keeps the puppies entertained and it stays quiet in the house.

Work has been going great. I love who I work with and the kids make me laugh every day. I forgot how much I really loved doing what I do. I'm glad I didn't walk away from it.

My Grams has been sick. The past couple of weeks have been a little rough. She is out of ICU and in a short stay care place. She has beginning of dementia and I find it really interesting, however, it's also very horrifying to witness it first hand. I went to Denver both days to see her and Rob came with me on Sunday. She remembered him and got really happy when she saw the both of us. Grams even asked how G was in the middle of our conversation. How can someone be so lucid one minute and then be so confused about where she is? It also makes me really sad. I worry about her all day and all night. I know it's a waiting game now. Her wish is that if it comes to her needing a breathing tube, she is done. I don't blame her. I just hope I have time to say goobye when the time comes. I love her so much.

On a happier note, my doggies are fantastic! They make me so happy. Daffy had a check up on Thursday and she is 14 pounds! When we got her she was 8lbs. She seems so big but she's still so small. We're taking puppy kindergarten every Sunday and she is a rock star. She makes me excited to train her. Prinny is amazing and handles her so well. I've been so impressed with Prinny lately. My dogs are amazing.






1 comment:

  1. Those are great pictures of your babies! Sigh, I thought you were talking about the show Bones. Imagine how confused I was that it was keeping the dogs quiet. I'm sorry about your Grandma. My grandma is advancing and it's kind of hard to be around. I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete